العربي | Türkçe | English
Doctoral Thesis: The Framing of Political Inclusion and Exclusion in Turkey: Media, State, and Islamic Party Interactions in Turkey, 1995 to 1998. [I analyzed the fall of Islamic Welfare Party from power with regard to media, democracy, secularism and civil-military relations in Turkey]
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLAD (pdf)
Master’s Thesis: Syncretism, Heterodoxy and Opposition: The Alevi Question in Turkey.
C1. AKTAY, Y., BENDRIDI,Y. UYSAL, A. AKGÜN B.(eds.). Economy
and Development in the Middle East
(Ortadoğu’da Ekonomi ve Kalkınma). Ankara: SDE Yayınları, 2014 (Türkçe ve
C2. AKTAY, Y., BENDRIDI,Y. UYSAL, A. AKGÜN B.(eds.). El-İktisad
vel-Tenmiye fil Şark el-Evsat (Ortadoğu’da Ekonomi ve Kalkınma). Ankara:
SDE Yayınları, 2014 (Arapça).
C3. AKTAY, Y., SHARKAWY, UYSAL, A.
(eds. ). Civil Society and Change in the Middle East (Ortadoğu’da Sivil
Toplum ve Değişim). Ankara: SDE Yayınları, 2012 (İngilizce).
C4. AKTAY, Y., SHARKAWY, UYSAL, A. (eds.).
Culture and Politics in the New Middle East (Yeni Ortadoğu’da Kültür ve
Siyaset). Ankara: SDE Yayınları, 2011 (İngilizce).
C5. AKTAY, Y., SHARKAWY, UYSAL, A. (eds.). El-Sekafe
ve Dirasat el-Şark el-Avsat (Kültür ve Ortadoğu Araştırmaları). Ankara: SDE
Yayınları, 2011 (Arapça).
C6. UYSAL, A. “The Turkish Soap Operas in
the Middle East (Ortadoğu’da Türk Dizileri)” Ss.169-190. Culture and
Politics in the New Middle East by Y. AKTAY, P. EL-SHARKAWY & A.
UYSAL (eds.), Ankara: SDE Yayınları, 2012.
Mısır, Cezayir ve Fas Politikası 2011”,
Türk Dış Politikası Yıllığı (ed.
B. Duran, K. İnat, AR Usul), Ankara: Seta Yayınları, ss.311-42.
C8. UYSAL, A. “The new frontier in
international politics: The Nature of Al-Jazeera’s Prime-Rime Broadcasting in
Arabic and English (Uluslararası Politikada Yeni Cephe: Elcezire’nin İngilizce
ve Arapça Yayınlarının Karşılaştırması)” Ss.1-18. Mahjoob Zweiri and Emma C.
Murphy. (eds.) The New Arab Media: Technology, Image and Perception. Berkshire:
Ithaca Press, 2010.
C8. UYSAL, A. 2010. "The East and the West in the Writings of Ali Pasha Mubarak of Egypt and Ahmed Midhat Efendi of Istanbul", ss. 285-306. (Proceedings of the International Conference on EGYPT DURING THE OTTOMAN ERA 26-30 November 2007, Cairo). Istanbul: IRCICA Publications.
- INAÇ, H. UYSAL, A. “EU Integration
Process of Bosnia Herzegovina: A Critical Perspective: A Critical
Perspective (Bosna Hersek’in AB Entegrasyon Süreci: Eleştirel Bakış)” International
Journal of Humanities and Social Science vol.3, s.1, ss.67-72 (2013).
- UYSAL, A. "Suud Türkiye vel-Rabi' el-Arabi
(Türkiye'nin Yükselişi ve Arap Baharı)". El-Ümme: Vakı' el-Islah
ve Meâlât el-Tağyir [El-Beyan Gazetesi Hakemli Strateji Yıllığı: 2012],
ss.293-312, (ISSN: 1658-127X), (2012).
- ÇİFTÇİOĞLU, İ. & UYSAL, A. “The Nature of Relations between Muslims and
Non-Muslims in Asia Minor during the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries (12.
ve 13. Yüzyıllarda Anadolu’da Müslim ve Gayr-ı Müslim İlişkileri).” History Studies: International Journal
of History vol.3, no.3, ss.97-112 (2011).
- YILDIRIM, E., H. İNAÇ ve UYSAL, A. “Symbolic Construction of the Turkish National Identity
as a Factor of International Management (Türk Milli Kimliğinin Sembolik
İnşası ve Uluslarası Yönetim).” Problems and Perspectives in Management,
Vol. VII, 1, ss.245-255 (2009).
UYSAL, A. & H. İNAÇ. “The Media Framing
of the Adultery Dispute in Turkey (Türkiye’de Zina Tartışması ve Medya)”. Akademik
Araştırmalar Dergisi/Journal of Academic Research, Vol. XI, No: 42, ss.161-179,
UYSAL, A. & N. BOZKURT. “Crime in the
Late Ottoman Empire, 1910-1911 (Son Osmanlı Döneminde Suç Olgusu).” Research Journal of Social Sciences,
Vol. 3: ss:49-59 (2008).
UYSAL, A. “Media and Religious Reform in
Turkey (Türkiye’de Medya ve Dini Özgürlük).” Global Media Journal: Mediterranean Edition, Vol. III, 1,
- UYSAL, A.
“The Language of Inclusion and Exclusion: Media & Social Movements in
Turkey (İçerme ve Dışlama Söylemi: Türkiye’de Medya ve Sosyal Hareketler).”
The Journal of Languages and
Translation, Vol.: 3, No: 2, ss.530-555 (2007).
- UYSAL, A. “Market Model of Religion and
Islam in Turkey (Türkiye’de Dine ve İslama Piyasa Modeli İle Bakış).” Sosyoloji Araştırmaları Dergisi
(Journal of Sociological Research), Vol. VII, 2, ss.117-133 (2005).
- UYSAL, A. 2010. “The Framing of Turkish Soap Opera in the Arab Media between Opposition and Admiration and Admiration.” Fifteenth Annual International Conference of The Arab-U.S Association for Communication Educators (AUSACE), 16-19 October. Kuwait University, Kuwait.
- UYSAL, A. 2009. “Media and Social Movements.” Fourteenth Annual International Conference of the Arab-U.S Association for Communication Educators (AUSACE), November 7-10, 2009, American University in Cairo, Egypt.
- ÇİFTÇİOĞLU, İ. UYSAL, A. 2008. “The Muslims-nonMuslims Relations in the Thirteenth Century Anatolia as Reflected in a Mawlawi Source.” The First International Conference of Minia University titled ‘Cultural Dialogue: Communication Channels among Nations’. 3-5 November 2008, Minia University, Egypt.
- UYSAL, A. “Globalization, European Union and Social Movements.” International Symposium on The Changes and Transformations in the Socio-Economics and Political Structure of Turkey within the EU Negotiations. 16-18 March, 2007. Dumlupınar University, Kütahya.
- UYSAL, A. “The East and the West in the Writings of Egypt’s Ali Mubarak Pasha and Istanbul’s Ahmed Midhat Efendi in the Late XIXth Century” International Conference of Egypt during the Ottoman Era. IRCICA and Supreme Council of Culture, Egypt, 26-30 November 2007. Cairo, Egypt.
- UYSAL, A. “Al-Jazeera Coverage of Turkey’s Possible EU Membership: The Declaration of Candidacy and Sarkozy’s Opposition.” Media and Image Change for the Middle East Post 9/11, 20-21 September 2007. Durham University, Britain.
- UYSAL, A. “The New Frontier in International Politics: The Nature Of Al-Jazeera’s Prime-Time Broadcasting In Arabic And English.” The Sixth METU Conference of International Relations, 14-16 June 2007. Middle East University, Ankara
- UYSAL, A. “The Language of Inclusion and Exclusion: Media & Social Movements in Turkey.” The Fourth International Conference of the Faculty of Alsun, Minia University “Preserving the Linguistic and Cultural Identity in the Age of Globalization” 23-25 April 2007.
- UYSAL, A. “Osmanlı Mirası ve Yeni Dünya Düzeni (Ottoman Legacy and the New World Order).” International Symposium on Civilizations and New World Orders, Association of Science and Arts & the Municipality of Istanbul. 12-14 May 2006. Istanbul,
- UYSAL, A. “Media Framing on Religion and Politics in Turkey.” Lebanese American University, Beirut Institute for Media Arts, 5th Annual Conference, 2-3 October 2005. Beirut, Lebanon.
- UYSAL, A., ŞAHİN Y. “Official Religion and Media Campaign for a Religious Reform in Turkey.” Lebanese American University, Beirut Institute for Media Arts, Beşinci Yıllık Kongre, 2-3 Ekim 2005. Beyrut, Lübnan.
- UYSAL, A. “Ulus Kimliğinin Ritüel İnşası (Ritual Construction of National Identity)”, International Symposium on Culture and Identity, Association of Cultural Research and the Koç Univerity’s Center for Strategic Research, 14-17 June 2005, Istanbul.
- UYSAL, A. “The Black Market Model of Religion: Secularization and Islamic Revival in Turkey” SSSR/RRA Annual Conference, 19-21 October 2001. Columbus, Ohio, USA.
- UYSAL, A. “Media & Religion in Turkey” SSSR/RRA Annual Conference, 19-21 October 2001. Columbus, Ohio, USA.
1. ŞAHİN Y. UYSAL, A., “Okulu Bırakma Olgusunun Sosyolojik Analizi: Yapısal/Çevresel Faktörler (The Problem of Dropping out of High Schools: Contextual Factors).” 16th National Congress, 5-7 September 2007. Gaziosmanpaşa University, Tokat, Turkey
2. UYSAL, A., ŞAHİN Y. “Okulu Bırakma Olgusunun Sosyolojik Analizi: Kişisel ve Ailevi Faktörler (The Problem of Dropping out of High Schools: Personal Factors)..” 16th National Congress, 5-7 September 2007. Gaziosmanpaşa University, Tokat, Turkey
Coordinator: “Social and Political Implications of Turkey’s Image in Egypt.” Eskişehir Osmangazi University Research Grant. Project Number: 2010-17001. Completed in 2010.
“Sociological Analysis of the Dropout Problem in the Secondary Schools: The Case of Kütahya” The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK), Project Number 105K149. Completed in 2006.
Researcher: “Turkish-Egyptian Relations, 1945-65”. Dumlupinar University’s Scientific Research Commission, Project Number 2007-09. Completed in 2009.
§ 2010 (Best Paper Award) “The Framing of Turkish Soap Opera in the Arab Media between Opposition and Admiration.” Fifteenth Annual International Conference of The Arab-U.S Association for Communication Educators (AUSACE), 16-19 October. Kuwait University, Kuwait.
§ 2009 (3rd Best Paper Award) “Media and Social Movements.” Fourteenth Annual International Conference of the Arab-U.S Association for Communication Educators (AUSACE), November 7-10, 2009, American University in Cairo, Egypt.
§ 2002 – Southern Illinois, Sociology Department, Assistantship Award.
§ 1996 – Ministry of Education Scholarship for Master’s and Doctoral Degrees in the United States.
§ 1994 – Bilkent University, Assistantship for a Political Science Master’s.
§ Teaching Certificate, Ministry of Education
§ Microsoft Office Specialist Certificates
§ Erasmus Exchange Scholar: University of New Lisbon, 24-28 April 2006
§ Turkish Association of Sociology since 2007
§ Coordinator: The Domestic Challenges of North Africa and Relations with Turkey, 22 December, 2011, Eskişehir, Turkey
§ Coordinator: The Arap-Turkish Congress of Social Sciences (ATCOSS-2010), 10-12 December, 2010, Ankara, Turkey
§ Assistant: The Conference of Caucasia and Central Asia: Past and Future after Independence. Bilkent University, Ankara. 25-27 May 1995.